Tier 2 Diversity reporting is a process where non-diverse suppliers can share their diversity spend with their customers. The process allows organizations to recognize the effect of their spend with suppliers who engage with diverse suppliers and their direct spend with diverse suppliers.
Tealbook provides a revolutionary platform for delivering Tier 2 diversity reporting so that all the stakeholder companies benefit. Companies looking to receive Tier 2 spend information from their suppliers can invite suppliers to participate and track their progress. Any invited supplier in the supply chain can securely upload spend either quarterly or annually. This spend information is kept private to them until they explicitly release it. Each of these suppliers generates a diversity spend report for their use. They can then choose to allocate diversity spend to their customer companies. tealbook combines this allocated spend information from all contributing suppliers into a consolidated Tier 2 Diversity Spend report for participating companies. This approach allows all companies in the supply chain to benefit through simplified access to diversity spend information and a secure and structured way to allocate spend to their clients.
The Tier 2 diversity workflow has six steps:
- A Buyer invites a Supplier to participate.
- The Supplier accepts the invitation.
- The Supplier loads, reviews, and publishes spend for a calendar year quarter.
- The Supplier reviews their summary diversity report.
- The Supplier shares spend with the Buyer, allocating a percentage.
- The Buyer reviews their Tier 2 Diversity report.
Buyer: Inviting a Supplier
As a Buyer in Tealbook, you can invite an unlimited number of suppliers to participate in your Tier 2 Diversity Program. Each supplier who is invited will receive an email and access to the Diversity page in the tealbook.
There are four ways to invite a supplier to participate:
- Invite by Name
- Invite by Spend
- Invite from the Supplier Profile
- Invite from the Supplier List
Note: We encourage you to reach out to your suppliers before inviting them to inform them of your initiative and after inviting them to encourage them to participate.
Invite by Name
To invite a supplier by name:
- Click on Insight in your tealbook menu
- Click on the Tier 2 Diversity tab
- Type the name of the supplier into the Invite Individual Supplier field
- Select the supplier from the list of options that appear. Only suppliers with an “Existing” relationship with your company are displayed in this list.
- Click the checkbox to confirm your selection and then click Invite.
The supplier will receive an email invitation and be added to the list of participating suppliers with a status of Invited.
Invite from the Supplier Profile to Tier 2 Community.
You can invite a supplier to participate from its tealbook profile page to join a Tier 2 Community created for this purpose.
- Open the supplier's profile page in the tealbook.
- Click on the Invite to Community button.
- Select the checkbox next to the Tier 2 Community.
- Click Invite.
The supplier will receive an email invitation, and you will see the Tier 2 community listed among their communities.
Invite from the Supplier List
You can use the full power of the Search List to build up a set of suppliers to invite and then invite them all at once.
- Open the Supplier List
- Use the search terms and filters to find suppliers you wish to invite.
- Click the Basket icon to add them to your selection list
- Select the Add to Tier 2 action under the selection list when you have completed your selections and click OK.
- Confirm the suppliers you wish to invite by clicking the checkbox next to each one or click the Select All checkbox.
- Click the Invite button.
All the selected suppliers will receive an email invitation.
Supplier: Accepting an Invitation
When a supplier is invited to participate in Tier 2 reporting, a new Diversity item is added to their tealbook menu. To accept the invitation:
- Click on the Diversity menu item.
- Click on the Accept button next to the name and logo of the customer who invited your
When the invitation is accepted, the status of your submission with your customer will be updated from Invited to Accepted.
Supplier: Loading Spend
tealbook determines diversity spend for an organization by matching an export of spend with company profiles in tealbook. Each company profile knows the diversity status of the associated company, so Tealbook can determine how much of the spend is with diverse suppliers.
The application accepts files of spend for one calendar quarter at a time. We do this so that our customers can track their progress toward their annual diversity goals. There is no need for your organization to determine which suppliers are diverse or otherwise filter the file.
Tealbook matches suppliers to our company profiles based on whatever combination of name, website domain, email address, street address, and phone number the load file contains. The more data the file has, the more accurate and complete our machine learning-based matching process is.
During the loading phase, the spend information is only visible to the supplier performing the load. Detailed spend is never shared with any organization. Summary, allocated diverse spend will only be shared after the Supplier: Sharing Spend step is completed.
The Loading spend has three steps:
- Upload a Spend File
- Review Supplier Mappings
- Publish Spend
If you make a mistake or want to load a new file, you can always delete a spend file once it exits the Processing stage and starts over.
Upload a Spend File
- Click on the Diversity menu item.
- Click on the Load tab.
- Click the Download Spend Template button to access a template for the spend file. This is an Excel file with an Instructions tab that provides detailed steps and a Details tab with column headings and an example of what a spend line looks like.
- Make a copy of the template and load in your company’s spend data for a quarter. Make sure the column names match the template and that the tab with the data on it is labeled “Details.”
- Once the file is ready, upload it using the Upload control. Make sure you select the correct quarter before you click the Upload button.
- For each quarter you upload, Tealbook will add a tab to the Load page. You can see the file there. When it is first uploaded, the file will have a status of Processing.
Review Supplier Mappings
After tealbook finishes mapping your spend information to suppliers, you can review the results. If the mapping were successful, the status of the file would have changed to “Ready.” If there were a problem with the file format, the status would be set to “Failed.”
If the status is Failed, review the error messages provided, correct the file and try again.
If the status is Ready, click on the file name to see the line-by-line spend detail mapped to suppliers. You will see a company name next to each line Tealbook was successfully able to map.
NOTE: It is not important to have 100% of suppliers mapped. There will always be suppliers tealbook cannot find based on the provided information. However, if your top spends suppliers are not mapped, you may want to update the load file with their website domains and try again. To help you determine this, the mappings are shown in descending order or spend.
After reviewing a spend file, you can publish your summary diversity report by clicking on the Publish button next to the file. The status of the file will change to Published. This does not share the information with your customers yet; it generates the Summary Diversity Report for the quarter and makes it available to your organization.
Supplier: Reviewing the Summary Diversity Report
The Summary Diversity Report is shown on the Report tab of the Diversity page. It has two components, the Spend Graph and the Diversity Report.
The spend graph shows all loaded quarters. It opens showing both diverse and total spend as bars for each quarter.
You can hover over a bar to see the exact totals. If you only want to see the diverse spend, slide the Show Diverse Spend Only toggle.
The Summary Diversity Report allows you to review the total spend by diversity type for any time period. You can use the timeline slider control to select the periods to include in the report. It will only show lines for the types of diverse spend you have for the selected period.
For each type, like Small Business Enterprise (SBE) or Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE), you will see your total diverse spend and the percentage of your total spend that represents. Refer to Appendix A for the list of Diversity Classifications.
NOTE: Some diverse suppliers qualify for multiple diversity types. Their spend is counted in each type they are qualified for.
Supplier: Sharing Spend
No spend information is shared from a supplier to a customer until it is shared on the Share tab of the Diversity page. Even then, only the summarized, allocated diverse spend is shared. That means that when you allocate a percentage of spend for a quarter to a customer, they will be able to see the allocated amount of SBE, WBE, MBE, and other categories you share with them, but no details about your total spend or the identities of your suppliers.
You can allocate and share spend and edit that spend allocation of the Share tab of the Diversity page.
To share spend:
- Type in the percentage of spend to allocate to the customer in the area provided for a quarter. This amount must be between 0 and 100. You can calculate this percentage by dividing the revenue you received from the customer in the quarter by your total quarterly revenue.
- Click the Share button.
Editing an Allocation
If you set an allocation percentage incorrectly:
- Click the Edit button next to the allocation.
- Change the percentage.
- Click the Update button.
Buyer: Reviewing the Tier 2 Diversity Report
As suppliers allocate and share their diverse spend, their status information will be updated on the Invitation tab. You can review the report as soon as at least one supplier has shared their spend for a quarter.
NOTE: Your organization’s rules for qualifying diversity are applied to this report automatically. You can review these by clicking on the Qualification Rules button.
On the Report page, you can select one or more quarters using the timeline slider and review:
- Total Spend: This is the total spend loaded into the tealbook for your company in the selected time period.
- Diverse Qualified: This is the total qualifying diverse spend allocated to your company from your suppliers for the time period.
- Summary Report: This is the qualifying diverse spend in each category for the time period across all suppliers. It shows you the type of diversity, qualified amount, percentage, and the number of contributing suppliers.
- Supplier Allocation: This is the summary of spend by diversity type and submitting supplier. You can filter this to an individual supplier by entering their name in the Find Supplier field or export the results by clicking the Export button.